Friday, January 11, 2008

the rainy season finally

This is it the rainy season has found us. Today is sunny but the last two days we had torrential rain....well, tropical summer rains!

The road leading to the location passes through a couple of swampy areas and apparently they are not swamps but are more like rivers right now.
This morning I asked one of the Baker Atlas guy who had to come in a four wheel drive how the road was and he answered: "I saw a fish cross the road where the little bridge used to be."
I guess this means "the road isn't good".

All I am asking is for the roads to be passable on Thursday when I am going to the airport for the final time....... asking for passable roads for myself and for a well behaved Zambezi for the people of northern Mozambique. The first one will be easier the second one here!! Tomorrow the forecast is for rain again.