Monday, January 07, 2008

Breath!

Yet another shit morning here with the company man being once again rude and unpleasant just because he thinks he can.
This morning I got: "It's too early in the morning for your crap"...MY crap!!!! ..... The internet not working at morning report time is MY crap!!!!!
I realize that I have lost my sense of humor about it. The last few incidents have just gotten to me when I should really just have let it slide. I think I need a break.

I've typed a letter of resignation, then realized that the only appropriate way to handle it is to first tell the people in Calgary I work for (since I am a sub-contractor here). If I am going to do it I have to do it right.

Between now and then I am trying to figure out if I feel mostly happy about it, or mostly worried since I have no prospect of another job lined up.
[Added a couple of hours later]....In a situation like this the best thing to do is to apply for jobs! I've started sending my resume around. It's totally new to me. I have never before just sent my resume to recruiting companies on the internet. The first one felt weird...but the second one was a lot easier!