Sunday, July 22, 2007

More photos of Kruger

Internet is very unreliable but might just be working well enough right now to post some photos from Kruger.

I do like Kruger, not just because of the animals.... In fact for me mostly it is the views. I just like the place. There aren't many high points as you can see in these photos, but when you get one it is worth it!

And I was so lucky that most of my stay in Kruger I practically saw nobody. One of the days...it must have been a week end day or something...I never checked...I did see quite a few people but otherwise I had all those views to myself.

It was actually quite difficult to take a picture of those guys. I had seen them by the side of the road outside of Kruger quite a few times, but they would just run away. Even in Kruger where the animals pretty much have no fear of cars, it was hard to catch them in a photo.


I was really happy when I saw those. They are the rotten flesh smelling cacti. The smell was actually not as strong as I had thought it would be. In the open air it was totally bearable. I had no idea where they grew, but I use to have one...a million year ago, when I still lived in Victoria, but I never bloomed.