Sunday, July 22, 2007

Winter may be nearly over

It seems that the coldest part of winter is over! The days are getting warmer (I would guess in the low 30s) and the nights are not as cool (again a guess, but something like high 10s to low 20s seems fair). I am hoping it isn't just a phase but really the trend.
It rained this morning and three days ago, this seems to be the pattern for the dry season, but the vegetation is really tropical so those rains are not enough to keep the all countryside green. Last time I went to town (four days ago) I realize how much more I can see with just that less greenery. If you were to come here for the first time it would still seem very green. The only trees without leaves are the baobabs.

Right now we are just above the Govuru River valley and in the morning we get quite a bit of fog. This is our best location so far. It has a great view.