Monday, March 05, 2007

still in Jo'burg

Amazingly enough I am still in Jo'burg.
Two weeks already. In a way it feels like I just arrived since all I have really done is work (apart from yesterday), but on the other hand it feels like I have been here for ever...I think that the tedious routine of sleeping, going to the office, eating and back to the office results in this sense of being here for ever.

Yesterday (Sunday) I did go with three guys from the office to one of the many National Parks and we had a great time.
We saw all kind of wildlife: rhinos, hippos, giraffes, zebras, jackal, many different types of antelops and birds and an elephant.

I was a great day.

Right now it looks like we might be going in the field (ie to the rig) next week around the 14th, then I will stay at the rig for just three days or so until I get things started with the other geologist. After this I am still planning on going to the Limpopo River....time will tell!!!