Monday, March 12, 2007


I am still in South Africa, and still working in the office in Johannesburg.

Last night I caught on the local TV a news program on the situation in Mozambique and it actually looks pretty bad. Way worse than I had thought from the various reports we are getting here in the office. We are still waiting to see when we can go to Mozambique. Everyday we wait for new information, for one more meeting, for news, any news. But everyday the decision is "middle of next week we will go"...from week to week it stays "middle of next week"...today again "midlde of next week"! We'll see.

So here I am in Jo’burg all the time with the other geologist who will be my back to back and honestly it is starting to drive me up the wall especially since he is an old fat racist brit.
You'd think that people who work overseas would realize fairly quickly that people are the same where ever you go.