Thursday, December 28, 2006

Internet Explorer 7...a rant

I don't use Internet Explorer, I don't like the idea of it. I use Firefox. BUT I have Norton antivirus (which I will never buy again!) and when I had big problems with my laptop I had to go to a "fix it" page for Norton which Oh Surprise, only can be access from IE...So I used it for one day fixing my problem...It offered to update to IE7 and my BIG MISTAKE was to actually upload the new version!
Right now I can neither use IE7 nor Firefox apparently because they conflict with each other (I am writing this from another computer). I have no functional browser. So you say "easy!uninstall EI and just use Firefox"....likely story. If you think that EI7 is in the list of stuff you can uninstall easily you are wrong…. I know enough to know that it is not in the regular list of "install uninstall software" it is in "Window Component" but even then....
So you say "just do a system restore to pre-upgrading" and that would indeed be an excellent idea if the problem I had with Norton had not resulted in my "system restore" being shut down and all system restore point being deleted!

Ok, so I'll wait till I get home, back up all my photos. Trash everything in the computer. Reinstall everything. Eliminate EI7 and eliminate Norton!

A bit of a "big Hammer" approach, but I am found of that particular style!