Thursday, December 28, 2006

Polar bears


Ok, I am obviously not going to say that today I saw a polar bear!

Mostly today as the polar bears are about to make it to the endangered list, I am thinking that I as much as I am seriously hoping that the next job in Mozambique works out...or even just happens whether it works out or not, I am also thinking that I should take a long holiday in Arctic Canada and go and see polar bears...and muskoxen (I did check the spelling of the plural of "muskox"?) and all that.


I really would like to see a polar bear in the wild. I've wanted to do it for a long time but since it is in Canada there is a sense that I can always do it later...well apparently there isn't a"later" for polar bears. I have better do it soon.


One advice: DO NOT go and do a word search on "arctic canada holidays" it will take you to some absolutely amazing sites and next you will be dreaming of taking icebreakers to the visit both the extreme North and the extreme South and many many more trips that anybody in their right mind would want to take.
Do you realize that there are three week long boat trip organized to go to Antarctica?!?....
...I for sure find myself now in the Sahara dreaming of the Canadian Arctic, and Antarctic trips!!! Icebreakers!....Icebergs!....etc

Human nature I guess...I am here and thinking of being somewhere else.
You want to hear something funny: now that I am done typing this I feel cold!!