Thursday, December 28, 2006

Xmas dinner but only if....

In an earlier post I wrote how I missed the so called Xmas dinner at the rig by going for a walk to another rig...
I am so pleased I did, because it turned out that it was a HUGE lunch with shrimps, wine, turkey, fancy desserts etc...BUT it was only offered to expats and senior staff. The rest of the staff, those who actually do physical work and need the big meal, just had a regular lunch.

I found that out totally by coincidence....

It turns out that every meal that I am served here is actually not offered to the local workers..they get different food!...Next they'll be asking for a letter from your religious leader to make sure that you are getting the right meal for your kind! or maybe a DNA test to make sure you belong to the right ethnicity for what you are eating!

I tell you I am mad...I mean really mad!!!

It is going to be interesting to see if when it is Aid (pronounced ah- id) the expats are allowed to eat the fancy food of the religious celebration...of course I already know the answer since I was here for Ramadan (though I missed the Aid at the end of Ramadan).