Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The generosity of the maasai

Another thing in the BBC world news on internet today is an update about the 14 cows a maasai village gave the States to "console and comfort " the hurt nation after 9/11/01.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5339460.stm

I don't remember ever hearing about it at the time, but of course now I am more likely to notice something about maasais than I was before.

The photo is actually a picture of one of the cows of the family I was staying with.

I went and looked after the cow with Tony a couple of times and we'd pass the time by telling stories.... fable type of stories.
Looking after cows for most of the day is not really a challenge. Bringing them home is not that tough either as it turns out. They know the way and they walk right in the enclosure once you get them near the house.