Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I said I wasn't going to talk about religion

Well, apparently I was lying, but I didn't know it at the time.
How could I guess that he pope was going to try to start a religious war by quoting passages from ancient texts.
Speak of missing a good opportunity. He could have stayed silent and not say a thing. He could have said something funny, or something smart, but instead he went for a anti-islamic quote from an ancient text!!!!

The reaction in the Middle East is of course all over the news.

Included for your "viewing pleasure" another photo from BBC world news website...a photo of an effigy of the pope being burnt in Kashmir.

I hate to think of how many people would be killed if christians were to burn an effigy of one muslim religious leader! Want to even try to imagine that?!?!?