Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Home sweet (???) home

So here the house. I think that it is slowly starting to llok more like "my" place.
Last Saturday one of the art gallery where I like to go had just received a all bunch of stuff from Ethiopia, some amazing stuff.
They have stuff from all around Africa in that place (I want the job of being the person who goes out to buy for them!!!) but if I really like something more often than not it is either from Mali or from Ethiopia.


The "trays" on the table below are from Ethiopia. (I should go back to Ethiopia I was there so briefly)

This chair is also from Ethiopia too. It is amazingly comfortable.


But the Bull heads (which I normally refer to as "cows") are from Mali.


I love these cows they are part of The Deegal festival. In December the Fulani (a particular tribe of Mali) take their cattle across the river (the Niger) in Diafarabe (Mopti region of Mali) and obviously this is a likely time to loose some of the cattle, so before they cross the river they have a festival and this is where the masks come from. I would imagine also that they would be useful in leading the cattle across. Every single one of them is different. The one below has such a "friendly" face.

OK, I'm bored!
I work mostly from 6:00am to 6:00pm. Yesterday I worked until 7:30pm.
I am so looking forward to the long week end by the Indian Ocean.

Also I know you don't want photo of my furniture!!! As I was saying above: I'm bored!