Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter long weekend at the beach

I took the Easter long week end off and went to Kenton-on-the-Sea, a small town on the East coast of South Africa where some friends have ahouse. I had a great week end but it sure makes it hard to come back to the office.
There is a great view from the house and you could hear the surf. It had been ages since I had been to the ocean. By the way this is the Indian Ocean, but here, compare to Mozambique it is quite cool. Some people were swimming but personally I don't like cold water.

One day we went for a long walk to a point where Bartholomy Dias had erected a cross after his ship sank. On we way I saw old dunes and features that were exactly like some of hte stuff I had seen in the Sahara when I was looking for arrow heads. the rock under that plant is an old dune.

Here are some view of the old and new dunes. It was not only really interesting but also a really nice spot.