Monday, March 09, 2009

Second day at work

I am so happy I did not take the staff position!!
Today is my second day at work since I took the week end off and already as I was stumbling into the shower this morning I was thinking "OK, only six more months of this" and I was feeling quite depressed about it, in fact I had a moment of : "I can't do it" near panic. I'm hoping it is because I basically just landed and I am quite tired...actually I am more at the stage of "feeling weird" where I cannot tell if I am tired, thirsty or just plain old.
Last week end, my first week end here (I landed on Friday ) was not entirely a success. I did go out for sushi with a friend on Saturday night, then for a movie and stayed with friends on Sunday night but still. It plain felt weird. Thats' what I don't like about short periods of time off (like week end) is that you are basically counting the hours off. It feels like a mixture of trying to rest, trying to do all you want to do and passing the time before you have to go back to work...and I don't like it. The last time I had a job with week ends off I was ?????? ........ Let's see...... I was .... what ever... It was nearly 20 years ago!! It was a life time ago.
Ok, breath deep and repeat after me; "it is only for six months. It is only for six months..."

By contract I have to work 110 days in those six months (which is quite reasonable...well, I negociated the contract myself so I can't really complain)... since traveling days are work days I've already worked 4 days (today is the fifth day) so 106 days to go.....yaaaks!