Friday, February 27, 2009

Addis Ababa's museum

I guess I never really showed pictures of Ethiopia.
Here are some from the museum in Addis Ababa. Pretty interesting museum and you could even take some pictures.

Of course I had to go and see Lucy. I think that the sign pinned on the plywood over the entrance way gives you a good sense of the general style of the museum.


And here Lucy, but honestly I think it was a cast. I think the actual skeleton is traveling somewhere but I am not sure.

And here is the sign with it. I think one of the visitor when I was there was an paleoanthropolgy student or scholar of some sort, he was ecstatic. It was fun to watch him.
Lots of painting too in this museum here is one I liked which shows well the typical style of painting you see in Ethiopia. (note the coffee pot)