Tuesday, November 04, 2008

the blog follower

I just spent some time reading a all bunch of blogs that I follow..or I should say "I used to follow" I haven't had much access to the internet in the last few months...and I remembered the feeling I get when I read the blogs of people cooking, reading, sawing, being so creative with such wholesome life. I makes me want to stop my job, and it makes me feels that my life is seriously messed up.
...but not enough to take the office job....
I wonder why? (I mean, I wonder why it is not enough to make me take that job)

I follow quite a few blogs and most of the blog writers do not know that I follow their blog.

Once I had a weird situation: I just left a message saying "hello, I've been following your blog for a while and I thought I would just say hello" and gave a link to my blog. After this that particular blog was password protected... I guess it wasn't something this person was ready for, or willing to have happen.
I don't mean to pry or to be a voyeur. In a sort of a way when you follow somebody's blog you nearly feel like you know them..maybe it s weird...But really it is just like reading a novel as it is being written. It just reminds me that there is a real world out there where people notice the first fall colors and where they make hot chocolate to celebrate.
...and they don't spend 36 days on an offshore platform, and they actually know what the season is, and the first thing people ask them isn't: "where are you going next?".....