Thursday, March 13, 2008

Singapore

I'm actually blogging from Singapore!
I am only here in transit for a few hours and I am obviously only going to see the airport. There is no way that at 6:00am local time I am going to get out of the airport when my next flight is at 9:00am.
Still it was nice to land in Singapore at that time of day. After Africa the all area around Singapore looked amazing with thousands of lights everywhere. I couldn't help but think "everybody has electricity, how amazing". The density of the population needed to have that many lights was the second thing that came to mind. After both Canada and Africa let's face it density is not what I am used to. The ships, small and big, also looked pretty cool from the air and in a way they looked more like the land areas I am used to...I mean in term of how many lights per surface area.

If the airport is at all a sign of what Singapore is like then I would say it must a pretty nice place but definitely on the clean / organized side.
I've already eaten Korean style glass noodles with mushrooms and vegetables...Why Korean you ask? ...because that is what I found here in the airport which isn't completely "international" food. I mean coffee, croissants, pastries, sandwiches (all quite "normal").

Next stop Vietnam!!