Friday, December 07, 2007

Movies...warning spoiler!

When I left work I really wanted to see movies. There was nothing good to watch on the plane and it was the same at the video store... It seems to me that in the last two years there really hasn't been any good movies.
(I am going to turn on the comment ability on this blog...If you know of recent good movies let me know..... added a few days later....no, no comment availability....I forgot to turn it on for this post and now I don't know how to put it on for one post only afterwards....later yet...I found it doing something else...so go ahead post titles of good movies if you know of any..I dare you, double dare you to come up with a good movie!!)....Anyway back to the original blog about a movies and how bad they generally are....
The reason I wanted to see movies was partly because I had seen an add (Where would I see such an add?... I think on TV in the hotel in Johannesburg) for a movie about three witches, three sisters, trying to get something (a fallen star maybe?) as key ingredient for a potion for eternal youth, or something like that. I wanted to see it. It is either not out yet, or I never recognized it.
Anyway. I really have watch only one movie so far. I went to the video store and rented 4, two to be returned after 2 nights..and I returned them unwatched, and two rented for a week. Last night I watch ..... Hmmm?...can't remember the name...but at first I was sure they had given me the wrong movie, sure that I could not have wanted to rent that movie...It is about a woman who falls in love with the son of her therapist, a romantic comedy I would say.

Do not read any further if you want to rent this movie because there is a spoiler in the next line.
I mean it!
Well, it is not a great movie but how refreshing the message "In long term relationships love is not enough"... Otherwise it is a regular chick movie: fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff...and then Kazam! they come up with a new message! Not your typical "love conquers all" which is absolute crap...or "life is so sad, especially when bad things happen to good looking people", but an actually interesting statement.
Well I applaud that fluffy movie for it!