Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Baking

I follow quite few blogs about cooking and I like reading the recipes and looking at the pictures of the food people made food.
I am not going to write the recipe because there are none.
But here is what I made for myself today.

They are just yeasted buns made with a combination of bread flour and normal (but unbleached) flour so they are not too soft.
They are flavored with orange blossom water. But they are not quite sweet enough so I ate the two which are already missing with some dark flavorful Yemeni honey. They were still warm and the honey melted a little. Yemeni honey is really very nice. It comes from the desert where sweet scented plants like frankincense grow so you can imagine (or can you?) how strong it is.

The other good side of baking is that the house smells so nice!

I always was impressed by the food photos some people post (like Mercedes at Desert Candy)...but now I will appreciate them even more. It really turns out that it is not easy to take photos of food.