Thursday, November 08, 2007

the joy of reading other people's blogs

I have been reading blogs lately, and saving their link in my "Bookmark" folder too.
I am really having a blast. Following links after links of blogs, mostly what I classify as "Book blogs". I am absolutely stupefied at how much some people read and at how much they do. Some of these bloggers read nearly 100 books in a year, write reviews about the books they read, quilt, cook fancy new dishes, have a regular life with kids and jobs AND of course blog. Some of them even have several blogs that they split by subject. All in all they seem to have such rich lives.
I do so little. And I can't say that it is because I watch too much TV. I don't have a TV!. What do I do with my time?

I can't say that I have a hobby.
Working is not a hobby.
Traveling with no particular aim or purpose is really not a hobby either, and anyway I do not do that much traveling.
Waiting in airports cannot be counted as a hobby either, especially since I am not that found of it.

The other thing is that it makes me fell awful about the way I write: my poor grammar, my poor spelling and my typos, not to mention my punctuation....commas are a great big mystery to me. In French, when ever your voice pauses in a sentence you put a comma. But in English it is not the case, or at least I don't think so. Since I do not know how to use commas I just sprinkle them along as the mood grabs me. Isn't it what they mean by "creative writing" ? (sarcasm)

My excuse is that English is not my first language. But the problem is that while I still cannot write (or speak) English properly, I absolutely cannot either speak or write French anymore.

So I can neither write nor speak any languages at all!