Friday, September 14, 2007

Latest cooking gear

This is my latest purchase. I love it...Now I just have to figure a way to take it home!
I didn't want a new one, so I bought this one from a woman who had two (her second one was even bigger...this is about as small as they come). I paid a little more than what is normal for it because I am white and because it was still little money. I gave her a little over what she was asking to her great surprised. She was asking for the price of a new one. I thought that I should make up for the fact that she would have to go get another one and that if she was going to have to go to the market she should have some money to buy herself something extra...I threw in the deal a kilo of tomatoes...about half of what I had bought at the market that day. She was pretty happy. We kept on asking each other if everything was OK, me because I didn't want to take advantage of her because I have more money than she does, her because the pot isn't new and I was paying more for it than a new one and even more than what she had asked, I think....I can't know what she was thinking but she asked and asked showing the money. I had asked a local how much they cost new before so I knew that I was paying a little extra. Afterwards she asked me not to tell people that she had sold me the pot. It is lot of money to have around and probably not a good idea to advertise it...again I think, but I can't be sure why. So here you are I will never tell you or anybody else who I bought it from.