Friday, August 24, 2007

Beautiful day in Kananaskis Country



I travel, I travel, I travel...and I forget how beautiful some of the things are not far from my house.
Today I woke up to a beautiful early fall day or was it a beautiful alte summer day?
It is cool at night but not too cold yet and as a last minute decision I decided to go to Kanasaskis Country for my last day in Canada before I go back to work.
Next time I come back it will be winter, likely there will be snow.... I wish I had gone camping this trip in, but on the other hand I feel really relax and happy having done all that I needed to do.
I went for a short hike along Galatea Creek. It was a festival of forest scents. It was wonderful...wet cool mushroom and mosses, warm pine sap and everything in between. I had forgotten those smells.
Of course Kananaskis is really about mountains...You know I think that the Kananaskis Country is more beautiful than the famous Banff Park or just about any other part of the Canadian Rockies. But it is impossible to do justice to the mountains so just one photo.
And on my drive home J. called as I was by Porcupine Creek. I stopped there as we talked and It was nice to catch up and talk from that spot to a person who can relate to the temptations of traveling, the love for other places but who also knows how beautiful Kananasis is.