Sunday, April 29, 2007

Five days in Calgary

Ok, I had 5 days and so far 5 night (one more to go) in Calgary. Pretty much a lot of running around and not really any chance to finish all I wanted to do. I haven't filed my taxes! Monday (tomorrow) is the last day to do it and have it done in time.

My computer crashed very badly (window was totally trashed and had to be re-installed) friday late afternoon -of course- and all software was lost...but very little data and no photo or music were lost...as far as I can tell apart from all work software etc the worst is actually the fact that I have lost all my playlists!!

On the subject of loosing: My cell phone was stolen somewhere along my journey in either South Africa or Mozambique (since I cannot use it there I can't say that I kept track and I do not know exactly when it went missing) SO I have lost ALL phone numbers!!! Of course they weren't written anywhere else because that would be too logical!!
I cannot call: Pat and Steph, Per and Jane etc etc etc...all lost lost lost lost...
I do have a new cell phone so if you happen to read this as soon as I post it you have 12 hours when you can call me after this I will be in the plane going to work.

Flying in I had absolutely no jet lag at all... I hope the return is as smooth. I have to spend 11 hours in Frankfurt (yaakkkss!!) I think I may take a room and try to sleep...I have to decide whether I want to run myself rugged and basically miss one sleep to get back with South African time, or if I want to try to squeeze one more sleep in...squeezing in one more sleep is practically impossible, BUT missing a sleep is really tiring obviously.

Anyway I am spending my last evening home trying to see how much of my computer troubles I can solve.