Sunday, January 21, 2007

Home

Well, in the end the company made it difficult enough for me to decide not to travel in Algeria after all...long story and I won't even get into it...Here is the news: I found a new a** h*** in Calgary...See what I mean: hard to get surprised about it! It is really not the discovery of the year.
Anyway, I am home, and it is cold.
The trip home was particularly tedious especially in London where I stayed in a hotel quite a ways away from the airport and nobody at the airport, not even the bus drivers, knew where it was. Eventually I found it and it was just across the street from a great little pub / Thai restaurant. That pretty much was the high light of that trip. The rest was about sitting in a small seat and trying to pass the time. The plane was packed full with at least half a dozen babies and quite a few kids...need I say more? anyway I always travel with a pair of ear plugs in my pocket...or in my ears, so no big deal.