Saturday, October 07, 2006

borrowing to help

I can't remember where I stopped posting...
I started this without looking at my blog.

For a while it looked like I was going to go to Gardhaia, then I wasn't, then I was, then I wasn't, Now I am!!!

Here is the weirdest thing about it. Everybody in Algeria wants to get some foreign currency. I cannot use credit cards in Algeria so everybody is offering to lend me some money so they can get it back in US dollars or Euros.
A friend of a friend helped find a way to rent a car with a driver and he is offering to lend me the money for the trip, in exchange for getting the money back in Euros or Dollars...The guy does not even know me. He cannot be sure that I am coming back to Algeria!
I am going to "borrow" a little bit from one guy to whom I want to be nice...and I will probably either change some money or "borrow" some money from the guy who helped, as a way to pay him back for his troubles.
Weird!