Friday, September 29, 2006

I can see the end but I can't decide

This is it, I am at the stage where I can actually come up with reasonable estimate of when I should be done here! Always a sign that you are near the end.
But I haven't decided yet what I will do at the end.

I have agreed to come back for the last well here...(bummer!...well, honestly they just asked, they don't care one way or the other)...so I will be here one more time...but I know that the last day in any country after a job is day to just leave...It usually doesn't feel like staying longer. I guess mostly because then you end up carrying so much stuff. The only exception was Kazakhstan, where I stayed a little over a week in Almaty before going home.

The thing is that here I really have no place to stay in Hassi Messaoud. I don't want to have anything to do with the office because of that "snake" in the office, and I have no way to sort anything out from the rig. So I don't know if it is really feasible to organize something in Algeria without asking favours that I really do not want to ask!

On the other hand if I do not go to Djanet this time, I'll never go.

I know I will regret it! But weirdly enough I just don't feel like staying in Algeria. This stress at work just makes me want to leave, leave work, leave Algeria, just go away from here!

I may go to Ireland for a week or so...I may just go home...I just cannot decide.

I never said: It looks like I will be able to leave sometime around the 10th or 11th of October....so very soon.