Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I came, I dug a hole in the sand and I left


The plus side of working for 13 weeks the first time I came to ALgeria is that now things seems to go very fast.
Yesterday the ops geologist sent me an email to ask me if I wanted anything from Calgary since he is coming soon. My first reaction was "I just got here" which is not technically entirely true since I have been here for two weeks....for most people this is half of there time here.
The thing is that it looks like I will be done in about 3 to 4 weeks...depending on how much Ramadan slows us down.
Ramadan is start on the 24th of September this year. Next year it will be even hotter for Ramadan!

If I am only here for 5 to 6 weeks it is for sure going to seem VERY short! Too short maybe.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere because once again I have this weird feeling when I think of leaving...not a weird/good feeling either. Why do I keep on doing it to myself??

Maybe because the next well is the last well here, then the the company is letting go of the third rig...