Saturday, August 26, 2006

on a lighter note

Here is a photo of me (in maasai outfit that I HAD to wear on my last day in Maasailand) with E. (a really nice guy). Isn't it incredible how white I seem?
Honestly it looks awful.

One day in the matatu (it is a bus/taxi when in Nairobi, but in the country it is just a pick up truck driving around, without any particular schedule, until it is FULL and has enough fair money to go to town)...so one day in the matatu I was standing in the box of the pick up (standing people take less space) and there was a little girl sitting on the floor at my feet. She must have been around 3 or 4 years old. I was wearing cargo pants with a vertical zipper at the bottom of the leg. All while looking at me "discreetly" at the corner of her eye, she slowly unzipped my pant leg and started touching and rubbing my leg. When the white would just not come off, she started scratching and eventually got to licking her finger and trying to wash it off. I never said a thing so she would not get in trouble but I thought it was just hilarious.