Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back in Algeria

I keep on talking about Kenya but I am in Algeria right now.

In a way it is good to be back. It is very hot and the evenings are absolutely beautiful. Funny I would have never thought that I was going to forget how elegant the dunes are in the evening light, but here you are, when I saw them again I realized that I had forgotten and it came back to me.
They are elegant...I cannot think of a better word to describe them.

One of the first thing the security guard on my rig told me when I arrived was that he had thought long and hard about it and had considered what I was doing during my holidays and how things had gone during the previous well and had decided that I would not need a guard when I go for walks. Also I have my international driver's licence so I can go driving alone...BUT here you are the amnesty the Algerian government had given to some terrorist group rather comes to an end on the 31st of this month (August) and the security is now reinforced to prepare for the possible consequences of that and I am back to square one: I need a guard if I want to go for a drive...I think I should still be able to swing walking on my own...Maybe!!!

Another big news: FCP will release this rig (the third rig) after the next well so this contract should be done in 5 to 6 months for me. I wonder where I will go next?!?