Saturday, August 12, 2006

living with the maasai


I am in Nairobi for a few hours mostly to get some money to buy some maasai jewelery so I thought I would blog briefly...again, sorry no photos though I started to take some pretty cool photos of maasai I live with.
I am living in a dirty floor corrugated iron shack with a maasai family. There is no electricity, we cook on the wood fire from the wood we gather and we drink the water that gathered in the low spots on the rocks after the rain....and no I have not been sick so far amazingly enough.
Of all the things I have done this has got the be the farthest out! It would be as if I was living in Algeria with a tuareg family.

I have just heard about the troubles in Heathrow and the absolutely no hand luggage on the plane thing. I am flying out of Kenya on the 16th just before midnight to go to Calgary and flying out of Calgary on the 19th (I think..or is it the 18th?) so I will barely have time to touch the ground. Once I have spare time in front of a computer I will go into the maassai thing....

And as an aside...I am actually living in the Great Rift Valley!