Thursday, June 08, 2006

Maybe after all

Well, after all I may be able to join the volunteer program. It turns out that if you cannot get a police record you can get three letters of references from "reputable" people.
I've asked a few people, so far Bob and Lucretia have come through for me and have written nice and perfectly respectable letters. I need one more and the one from Lucretia scanned and I am just about ready.
I've decided that I would go to London and stay a couple of days first to get some money and the buy stuff that I will need. Then I will go to Nairobi.

The malaria tablets should be sorted out.
The references should work out.
The plane ticket -cheap but flexible- I am still working on.
The volunteer program is pretty much just waiting to hear from me.

It might just work out! .....might!!!
I have to say that it would be fun to volunteer for three weeks and travel a bit either to the Indian Ocean or to Lake Victoria...We will see.
If the volunteer thing does not work for this time I will try again next time. And if it works this time and I like it I may get in the routine of doing it every now and then when I a not too far and the plane ticket is not too much.