Sunday, June 18, 2006

Long dark hair



What is it about the way I look? And I really think that it is the long dark hair. It makes me look like a traditional woman of quite a few ethnicities. I could be Mexican, East Indian, Indian, Kazakh, Yemeni (presumably, who knows what kind of hair Yemeni women have apart from themselves, their female friends and their husbands), Lebanese...from far of course, not from close....and also apparently I could be Algerian...Actually on this one I have to agree.
Once again one of the guy on the rig approached me to let me know that I reminded him of his daughter...I look just like her apparently...He said it was nice for him, it made him feel like he had a daughter of the sands...and it should be nice for me since I had a father of the sands!!!

In Yemen I was adopted into the tribe of my brother, Rownali. That was a real adoption with formal announcement etc. This time it is just a passing comment...I can only be adopted into so many tribes!!!