Thursday, October 02, 2008

Rig food...always important

The rig I am on was offshore India for their last job and they brought with them their East Indian crew and their East Indian cooks. I'm eating curry every day at every meal. I don't have to because they also have western meals. It is just my choice. Also I think that it is best to eat what they really know how to cook. I tell you their curries are simple but pretty nice.

I wonder if I will get tired of it.

I am still sleeping like a baby for some unknown reason. We have more and more delays so it looks like I could be here for a few weeks but it could be worse.
Everybody is pretty nice apart from the night company man (the night boss. There is a day guy and a night guy) who is a typical jerk...but there is no surprises here!
The day guy doesn't like him either so I am not in a bad situation... and I did the day guy a BIG computer favour this afternoon and I'm hoping that it makes a difference in the long run.

The rig guys have already given me a pair of coveralls eventhough I never asked for one.
I wear it as my "dinner outfit", the clean coveralls to wear in the living quarters, and everybody is all smiles because the company geologist is wearing their company's coveralls!
It tell you it is hard to predict what will make people happy. I would have never guess that this would be one way of pleasing this crew.
Of course the East Indian crews are tickled pink by the fact that I have long black hair in a long braid and apparently they have commented to their boss (the push, for those who know the lingo) that I "even" smile to them!!!!

So generally everything seems OK.