Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I do have some photos



We can take photos as long as we are not drilling. I was very surprised about that.
These first two were taken by somebody else. The day I flew in the weather was awful with lots of fog and very high waves so there was no chance to take any pictures.
In the second photo you can sort of see how much this thing moves about when it is this high above the water, even when there is no waves....imagine on a bad weather day!!!! The day I arrived it was hard to walk.....never mind walk straight. I don't think anybody was even trying to walk straight.
Now the rig is 70 feet lower and a lot more stable, and honestly you cannot really feel the motion.

Today my office was just about set up so I took the time to "crawl" all over the rig. I went to what is called "the moon pool" which is the open part under the rig where the well will be (under water obviously) and in the shade of the rig the water was the most amazing blue I have ever seen!! I'll try to take some more pictures to show better, but you can sort of see it here.