Wednesday, January 02, 2008

electrical problems

We have electrical problems in our container...one old metal container (one of those that can go at the back of trucks or on trains) which has been transformed into living accommodation. Half of one of those is my office and room at the same time. We have electrical problems!
Two days ago we lost hot water, which you have to admit in this weather is not a huge deal, though well water can be cool, I tell you!
Today I woke up to no power. After my cold shower I went to investigate the power issue and I had to face the fact that it was my air conditioning unit. I normally have it set up at 27C (81F), but today this is not going to be the case. It just will not work.
Now this morning at 6:00am it is 23C (73F) so not too bad yet but we have an absolutely perfect blue sky and the sun on the metal container will drive the temperatures inside to something unbearable. I guess I can look forward to MANY COLD SHOWERS to keep me cool.
The harder part is going to keep the laptop working in the heat.

It is 6:00am and I am already grumpy! Right now I hate my job!