Saturday, December 22, 2007

I probably shouldn't post about this!

Here is one, only one, of the things that happened lately.

One of the company men got very very drunk when several of us went for lunch and he became very very nasty. He ended up insulting me and threatening me because I was driving him back to work (I was the designated driver since really I don’t drink when I am at work) and he didn’t want to work. It was a pretty nasty episode.

At that point he was not working on the same rig than me, but we all thought that he was soon due to do so. I seriously hesitated coming back to work but decided to do so anyway. All while I was pondering on that he called the office and tried to get me fired saying that I was difficult to work with and he would not work with me….apparently a huge fight ensued in the office about whether or not I should be fired ..but at the time I was unaware of it since I was on holidays. I had been told before going on holidays that there had been a complaints against me….but not told from whom and I basically mentioned that things had been difficult but did not go into details…not a good idea to explain too much.

THEN…of course you realize things are never simple….. My back to back to whom I had told the story, proceeded to tell my boss about it…This, minus the fact of WHO talked, reached the company man on my rig and he blew a gasket and when I had to work with him again he was weird and told me millions of lies but I didn’t know why. Funnily enough when my back to back came to work this company man warned him to watch out for me because I was a backstabber…. Of course my back to back did not have the balls to tell him the truth so this guy probably to this day believes it.

THEN……surely you didn’t think it was the end….. something which does not even make sense to me….it turns out that these two company men actually already had another contract they wanted to go to…so that guy didn’t really need me to get fired…it seems that he just used the incident as an excuse to quit and create trouble for me….Kill two birds with one stone….. AND they said to everybody, including me, a zillion times how they were going to Portugal…..but really they went to Pakistan and really really didn’t want people in the office to find out they were going there. I suspect they are backstabbing somebody by going there…probably one of their great pal!!!

The funny thing is that the company man on my rig told me several times “I am going to Portugal next but don’t tell G. L ( a guy in the office)”. I guess I was supposed to be “the leak” and tell G. L……. Why on planet earth would I talk to G. L. about what two guys who tried to get me fired are doing???

Something funny: G. L. is the guy they complained to about me, and he is the guy who got in a fight with my boss about getting me fired (G. L. was on the side of firing me obviously) now it turns out that he is the one they are backstabbing…too funny.

Here you are folks, this is my life!!!!

To put things into perspectives the company man who threatened me is the guy who would brag about going out with local women and paying them a packet of cookies to have sex…from his point of view the good joke was that he didn’t even pay for the cookies and would just get them from the cantina….

Charming isn’t it?!?!?

And take my word for it, there is more…. But who wants to read about that stuff??!?!