Monday, September 10, 2007

Where is time going?

This contract is already nearly over!
In a way it feels like I just got here, but I guess mid February is actually long gone.
With the year broken up in two month blocks (each block is one rotation off and one rotation on) it goes by quickly. Obviously I am counting in number of times I can travel.
At first it was "I will be in southern Africa for nearly a year" and it seemed that the opportunities were plentiful, but reality is I will only have had 5 chances to go travel. The first time I went home directly...The third time I went to Baltimore instead..... So only two trips so far...
I am trying to decide where to go next. Funnily enough before getting here Madagascar was high up on my list but now it just does not appeal. I am thinking some other part of South Africa (the North West), Botswana or maybe Zambia...I'd like to go to Zambia when the Victoria falls have high water volume though...right now they are probably at their lowest.
Funny now the atmosphere is totally different it is as if people had already started to say goodbyes. Mind you in our jobs we say lots of goodbyes so it becomes incredibly easy. But I find I am not quite ready here...I want to do more stuff...see more places..... I want to go back to Namibia, go to Malawi etc etc etc. There is just not enough time!