Saturday, July 14, 2007

Only Fourteen

I had originally posted the list of all the Nobel Prize winners since the beginning. You may have been lucky enough to miss it. I decided that it was WAY too long and took it off. On this list I have read 14 of those authors!!! Only 14!!!
One of them (Nadine Gordimer) is one of the authors on my 99 African book list and I have found one of her books (though not the one on the list).

Jean Paul Sartre, who until I read another language than french was my favourite author received the Nobel prize the year I was born...I think it is kind of nice...and he declined the prize!

Gabriel Garcia Marquez: love most of his books but could never get past the first few pages of "a hundred years of solitude" which is pretty much THE Gabriel Garcia Marquez book!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...................