Sunday, March 18, 2007

Guess where I am!?!

I am still in Johannesburg!

Yep! unbelievable!
Working in the office and getting a day off (Sunday, today) per week. Even though I have been here for a month I cannot really say that I know South Africa, too much office time and not enough free time to go places and see things for myself. One thing is for sure, it does not at all feel like Kenya, not at all! I was in Kenya for 3 days before I rented a cheap car and drove half way across the country to the tea plantations of the West. South AFrica is much more about who is white and who is black....and/or who has mmoney and who diesn't. The difference between the "Haves" and the "Havenots" is too big. It is so big that it stops making sense. And there are racial tensions....undeniably so!!

On a totally different note: This afternoon I went to a anthropology museum about the rock paintings in South Africa. Great museum and a great chat with the taxi driver who drove me there and came back to pick me up.

More later. ALl is well though I am getting antsy to go to Mozambique.