Monday, December 25, 2006

So, it is Xmas!

The day started hellishly!
I basically woke up at 3:30am and decided to show up very early to go and relieve the "night guy"....good job! he hadn't done anything so even though I thought I was gong to be 3 hours early I was already 9 hours late (12-3=9).
And it went from here....everybody else had problems that ended up impacting my already late work!!!!..(and by the way JVS, I am totally retraining the "night guy")

I had all intention of taking a picture of the rising sun to show you a Xmas morning here...but somewhere in the motion of running around trying to compensate for other peoples problems the idea got lost.
I did treat myself for Xmas. I went for a long walk to the other rig and went there for lunch and then walked back. The other advantage of going on this walk was that I missed the Xmas lunch for my rig but did not catch it at the other rig since they had Xmas dinner last night! I hate make pretend celebrations at work.

And my Xmas present was a lovely arrowhead (the one in the picture)! I found it! my only gift today was from the desert! ....speaks volume!...I am really happy about it. At this location so far I had found pottery fragments (some decorated) and various other tools, one of which is probably my favourite so far, but no arrowhead.