Tuesday, December 12, 2006

People are all the same

People are people regardless of where you are and even in Gardhaia, such a controlled city, you see some graffiti.
Not very many in the old town.
In the newer part of town I saw a few about football but these two I saw in the old town.
This one of the letter Tamasheck alphabet (the language of the Berbers) and this can be taken as a somewhat political statement of freedom, and it is also on their the Berber flag...
J. tells me that a Berber on her rig showed her how indeed it looks like two links of a chain which have been cut..hence freedom.






The other graffiti, totally different I absolutely LOVE. I reminds me of Chagall, and I love Chagall's work.

It is probably supposed to be a rooster but doesn't it look like the king of birds?
I love it.