Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More Ireland

Then of course there are castles in Ireland, old ruined castles.
Mostly nameless to me. I can't remember the name of this one, but I do remember where it is. It is on the west shore of northern Ireland South/ South West of Bushmill and the Giant's Causeway.
The view is the view from its South facing windows.

In a way it seems unfair that I should be able to go and see those castles which have no special significance to me when quite a few people who are into Celtic history may have heard about them and may be dreaming of getting to see them.


For a brief geology "moment" here I will say that the cliffs are chalk and that the basalt of the Giant's Causeway actually cuts through those chalks a few tens of kilometres north of that spot.

I guess in a way many people get to see the Giant's Causeway not really caring, not having dreamt about it for a long time.

Life is not fair....nothing new here!