Friday, December 29, 2006

Keeping track

Here is a brief overview of what I would like to do next.
This is the version written down in a few minutes from the top of my head...the long version will never be blogged...it would be too long.

Places where I would like to go:
- Southern Algeria (Djanet etc)
- Tanzania
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Ngorogoro Crater (Kenya)
- Madagascar
- The Everglades National Park (US)
- Canadian Arctic (‘ve been before but want to go back)
- Thailand ? Everybody says I should go…
- Australia
- High Desert of Chili
- Southern most point of South America
- Lake Titicaca
- Greenland
- New York (the Guggenheim Museum and more)
- Antarctica
- Chad
- India
- Siberia
- The Mongol desert
- Tibet
- Timbuktu
- Easter Island
- Galapagos Islands
- Yellow Stone National Park (again…’ve there several time)
- Jordan, Petra
- Syria, Damascus and more
- Yemen, Sanaa
You’d think this list should get shorter as time goes by and place names get taken off, but it is just not the way it works.


Things I would like to see:
- Rock paintings in Djanet
- Great Wall of China
- Pyramids of Egypt
- The Maya temples
- An active volcano
- The big heads of Easter Island
This one bounds to get longer if I spend more than 5 minutes on the lists.

Animals and plants I would like to see in the wild (apart from all of them):
- Polar bear
- Muskox
- Elephant
- Wolf (again and again and again)
- Lemur
- Those animal which stands up and look goofy (I have a shirt with one of them)
- Zebra
- tea plantation (again)
- Coffee plantation (saw coffee ion Trinidad, the flower smells beautiful)
- Peanut plantation
- Panda
- Kangaroo
- Boa
- Crocodile

Things I would like to do for fun:
(I don’t want to get into personal life list of what I would like to achieve here)
- take a boat trip on the Nile
- Take a boat trip on an ice breaker
- Camp alone in the Sahara (this will never happen)
- Drive across the Australian desert and generally around
- Fly into a totally isolated place in Northern Canada live in a cabin and have the plane pick me up a year later
- Take time to do art projects I’ve had in my head for what seems like ever (you've already seen part of the result of "The Orange Project".