Monday, December 18, 2006

Cold humid morning in the Sahara

I read the news and see the European Alps (as if there were any others, really!!!) are getting no snow, Moscow (Russia...and yes there are others!) is not getting any snow either and in fact is pretty warm for this time of year.I don't see anything about North Africa though.
Here is my bit: This morning I could see my breath, a sure scientific measurement of cold AND humidity in the air. The air is so humid that paper goes "soft" when carried outside and there is condensation on the car windows!!!
Here is the weather forecast for Hassi Messaoud, the closest town about ...hmmmmm!!! .... 300 or 600km North of us...I used to know which one it was!!

===========

5-Day Forecast for Hassi-messaoud (from Monday Dec 18th)

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

68° F | 44° F
20° C | 7° C
68° F | 42° F
20° C | 6° C
68° F | 41° F
20° C | 5° C
59° F | 44° F
15° C | 7° C
57° F | 44° F
14° C | 7° C
Clear Scattered Clouds Clear Clear Scattered Clouds