Sunday, October 29, 2006

Not looking the part



Saturday I walked by a gallery who had painting by Morisseau (Norval Morisseau, a canadian artist). I've wanted a Morisseau for a long time. I don't like all of his work, some of his colours are wrong for me, but I liked this one. Apparently I wasn't dressed the part and couldn't get the attention of anybody, especially since the gallery was pretty busy with people trying to find ways to spend their money. The town is full of nouveau richs trying to find status through what they buy these days...

They even had a Emily Carr...I would have loved to know how much an Emily Carr goes for these days ...but I guess it'll teach me right for wearing plain clothes instead of status screaming clothes!!! I wonder if I should walk around with my bank statement sewn onto my jacket!!!

This town stinks!