Friday, September 22, 2006

buy the land get the bears

I'm shopping around...mostly over the internet since I am never home...for the place where I will retire.
I am making lists of what I want, and honestly it seems unlikely that I will be able to get it all. Something is going to have to give.

I want:
1. a house with no stairs..for when I am very old
2. a front porch where I can sit
3. raspberry bushes
4. a fire pit
5. maybe, an apple tree
6. lots of land for privacy
7. somewhere where there isn't lot of snow which needs to be shovelled
8. Not to far from a village of some sort
9. not too far from a library
10. not too far from a grocery store
11. not too far from a book store
12. it would be nice to be not too far form the ocean..but that's not a big one

I'm canadian and I really think that even though everybody seems to be moving to Thailand, Europe and the likes, I would like to retire in Canada. I would like to retire somewhere where I am not a foreigner. So I am looking at properties in Canada, mostly British Columbia...because of the "little snow" factor.
You know you are shopping for rural properties on Canada when one of the pictures to show off the property is a black bear!!! The picture I added here is actually from an ad for a property! Nice bear though!