Friday, July 14, 2006

watching the end

This is it, the well is drilled!
Now logging...probably three or four days, then report writing and packing, another 3 days.
I have a plane ticket for July 20th to London, and a plane ticket on July 25th to Nairobi.

I am feeling really tired right now....I am not sure why.

I stood on the floor while we drilled the last half hour of the well. When I started this job I always use to go to the floor for the end of the well, but it had been years and years since I had done it. This well has been too much trouble and I wanted to see it done.

I know that once I sleep a couple of night in London I will be better but right now I even feel too tired to feel like going to Kenya. I feel too tired to sit in a plane for hours.
Going from the desert to down town London is going to be tough I know. It is always such a weird feeling to get back to so called civilization. The hardest is to have all those people moving in all directions around you. There is always a sense that you should keep track of the motion around you. It doesn't last very long.