Tuesday, July 25, 2006

London


I'm in London for another night. Tomorrow early morning I am off to Nairobi. I am really looking forward to it.

I had forgotten how small and crowded Europe is! People everywhere...houses against each others all the way (mind you considering I leave in a town house I shouldn't really say anything), red bricks everywhere....
It is a good reminder of why Europe in nice to visit but not the place where I want to live.

I spend the last 4 days..or is it 5 days?...wandering around buying what I need to go to Kenya and eating good food in very diverse restaurants..Since I have been here the best has clearly been the Greek restaurant down the street from where I am staying....It made me think that I really should go to Crete one day...it was that good! And of course the East Indian restaurants in London are fabulous....I really should go to India one day, but if I find Europe too busy I can't start to imagine how India will compare on that level.

I am hoping to rent a car in Nairobi and take off to the Rift area on my first couple of days in Nairobi..I don't know yet...I will be a bit short in time...I haven't heard a thing from the rig and really it is too early to tell when I will need to get back but my ticket back is booked for the very day I am supposed to go back to Algeria...I could have done with 9 weeks off this time...and yes I know that I did write that it would be too much.
I'll try to write something from Nairobi...but right now photos are not easy to upload...I'll add the photos when I get a chance.